Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss
“Healthy snacks for weight loss are necessary indulgences when we eat to lose weight.”
Healthy snacks for weight loss are necessary indulgences when we eat to lose weight. After all, a good diet plan is one you can live with for an indefinite period so it becomes a lifestyle change. Eating “habits” include meals, and snacks.
To change those terrible eating habits, we have to “rearrange our thinking” a bit. Try to exchange foods you know are not good for you with some that are. For example, if you like salty and crunchy chips and dip exchange it for celery sticks and peanut butter or humus. There are some great organic almond crackers that make a better choice. (Yum!) Milk shakes and ice cream can easily be switched to super healthy snacks for weight loss by using some strawberries, blueberries, ice, and (my favorite) yogurt for a great tasting smoothie.
Read my review about the Diet Solution Program.
Healthy Snacks for weight loss:
- handful of mixed nuts, about an ounce, (walnuts, almonds, macadamia, hazelnuts, Brazil-nuts, sunflower seeds)
- cup of thin sliced carrots
- a piece of fruit (cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries)
- 1 ounce of cheese, not processed cheese
- vanilla ice cream (about 1/2 cup), all natural please!
- High fiber granola sprinkled on yogurt, all natural ingredients please again, thank you
- a boiled egg
- nut butters, almond, peanut…
This is just a tiny list of some of my favorites, but remember to always keep your healthy snacks within moderation. Try little psychological tricks to help with moderation.
Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss Secrets:
- Leave a bite uneaten- when you crave 2 of something to snack on, try to only eat one and drink an extra cup of water.
- Whenever you have the option, choose lower-carb snacks, and you will discover they can be quite filling.
- Don’t forget to drink your recommended amount of water daily since this helps you to feel less hungry.
- Eat every couple of hours
- Try to eat Most 1 ingredient foods, like fruits and veggies
- Lettuce (not iceberg), hot peppers, and celery are filling and you can have all you want of these, Shh! Secret remember?
One of the biggest “Secrets” is dieting as a lifestyle change won’t leave you hungry if you will follow this type of plan. Your body will begin to feel better as well as become healthier. Sweets no longer are a constant craving after several days of not consuming them. Ramp up your energy levels and give it a try, good things are about to happen.
We already mentioned water, but I repeat…Drink your water! A glass of water 1/2 hour before a meal helps make you feel fuller, keeps you hydrated, and flushes the body of unwanted toxins. That formula to know how much water is best for you is divide your weight by 2. This is the number of ounces of water you should drink daily. When you sweat a lot or exercise, drink more.
Note, do your thyroid a favor and boost your metabolism by eating more often. De-stress, exercise and eat a proper diet infused with healthy snacks for weight loss. To help the body curb those bursts of hunger choose a low calorie, or low-carb snack twice a day to supplement those in-between meal cravings, and throw in some protein snacks to keep the balance of carbs and proteins.
Tagged with: healthy snacks for weight loss
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!